You never know until you try...

So I never thought that I could wear a maxi dress. They just looked granny-ish and unattractive on some of the girls Id seen it on, and I thought only celebs could pull it off.
I was in New Look and they added a new 'boutique' section to my local store (with items from other clothing lines) with this beauty for £20. I tried it on and I LOVED it. Its so comfy and cool, and I love the vintage-style flower pattern with clashing pink and green. I guess the moral of the story is, don't knock it till you've tried it! I will definitely be purchasing more of these things! (The one thing I will say though is make sure you buy the right one for your body type, as I tried a few others on and they looked TERRIBLE)

Flower - New Look
Dress - New Look Boutiques
Belt - Present
Shoes - Dorothy Perkins

Btw, I used a vintage filter because this look really suited it :) tell me if you likeee :)



17 comments:

Amy said...

you look fab in a maxi dress, i think lots of people are scared to try them! love the print and flower is adorable! :) x

Felicia Marcellina said...

you look great! maxi dress suits you!

visit-follow me?
Lovely Curse

Kat said...

i really love the maxi dress/skirt trend, but i think im too short to pull it off, plus, i love my legs too much and getting a tan :P hehe

Melissa said...

you look great in the maxi dress!
xx

Kelly said...

The maxi dress looks great on you, love the colours and print. i too am quiet apprehensive about trying a maxi dress but i don't think it would suit me. maybe i should give it a try, might be surprised.
Don't forget to enter my little giveaway everyone

sophierosie said...

Gorgeous!! I think this outfit would also be perfect for a Summer wedding, I love the colours!

I reeeally want a maxi dress

Cara said...

Lovin' the dress. I really have to get a maxi dress!

fashionist__ahead said...

great flower...
i love your dress...
:):)

H A N N A H ♥ said...

you look so different! all girly and ladylike - love it! wish I could pull off looks like this.
Btw how do you take your outfit photos outside?
xxxx

blow8 said...

your blog is sickkk babe! so glad i stumbled across it.

Elena S. said...

love ur dress
great blog btw ! lovely pics
id love for you to check my blog out
and dont forget to enter in my giveaway

xo elena

www.fashionisinspiration.blogspot.com

Georgia said...

Wow, its a perfect length. And it has a perfect print. And perfect volume. Overall, perfect summer dress
It would be mine

Gillian said...

The dress is gorgeous, I love green and pink together. This outfit is so pretty!

betz said...

OMG! i totally adore this look Charlie. you are soooo stunning! lovely blog!

xx,
betz
http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

PS: Maybe you wanna check out the new blog my friend and I made. It's everything NYC and more!
http://everythingnewyorkcity.blogspot.com/

Pixie Dust said...

Wow, how sweet is your blog!!! :))
If you get the time - and I hope you will :) - please check out my blog. I think you might like it!

Hoping to hear from you soon, sweetie!
Xxx

Charly said...

Aw this is suuch a pretty look, love it! Also liking the filter, flowery prints look gorgeous in that type of light

Charlyx

http://x-whatiworetoday-x.blogspot.com

wofgtg said...

http://wofgtg.blogspot.com/
Thanks.